One Thimble is a Digital Sewing Magazine produced in Australia. Each One Thimble E-zine features 10+ patterns, applique/embroidery files and sewing/creative articles from contributors from all over the globe. The theme for issue 17 is, “Hola!” and it happens to celebrate One Thimble’s 4th Birthday!
Here’s a list of the patterns included in the latest edition:
- Big Day Out Denim Jacket– Ainslee Fox – size 3-12
- Give Piece a Chance – crop top and skirt set – Duchess & Hare – size 2-12
- Nori Dress – Paisley Roots – size 2-12
- Port Street Shorts – Ainslee Fox – size 3-12
- Embroidery – Molly & Mama – hand stitched
- Taco Time Applique – One Thimble – interactive applique
- Sol Dress – Tadah – XS (8) – XL (16)
- Festival Clutch – Little Moo Designs – two sizes
- Posse Cadet Cap and Visor – Apple + Fig – baby to adult
- Overall Winner- Katy’s Lotus pincushion
- Winner of People’s Choice- Sarah’s Fabric Wrap Bracelet
- Winner of the Scrap buster Category- Kellie’s Teacher gift pack
- Winner of Something Special- Kira’s Miss Blossom Bunny clutch
- Winner of the Quick Sew Category- Megan’s fruit bags
I tried out the Tadah Sol Dress for the One Thimble Issue 17 Blog Tour.
I decided to dress up the Tadah Sol dress with some fun green silk dupioni fabric. Luckily we had a decently nice morning the other day for pictures, because we are full on Autumn here. Some mornings have dipped down to the 20’s (that is -6 in Celsius). I am quite jealous seeing all of these warm weather photos in the blog tour! The morning of the pictures, it luckily warmed up to 50 degrees (10 Celsius). It was raining and dreary though. Since it is now getting darker earlier in the evening, I tried a sunrise photoshoot instead of a sunset. I will soon need to move to indoor photos. Please share your tips with me!
I measured between the medium and large. I decided on choosing the large to be on the safe side. Since the dress is a loose fit dress, I think I could have easily be fine with the medium as well. I did reduce the length of the elastic a little bit since I was in between sizes. It was very easy to adjust. I think I will try the medium next time.
Also the pattern states it can be made in woven or knit fabric. I really think this dress would adorable in a nice drapey knit fabric. It is now added to my to do list. The Tadah Sol Dress pattern is very simple to put together. I made the dress quickly in one evening. You can also add trims to the ruffle and bottom hem. There are so many options available with this dress: Knits, Wovens, With Sleeves, Sleeveless, Trim options!! There are also so many great sewing patterns in the One Thimble Issue 17! Pick yours up today here!
Please visit all the ladies in the blog tour below to see all the inspirations in the One Thimble Issue 17!